We will continue to be closed for the month of January. We had several private parties previously scheduled in January that we will be hosting. We will repoen Wednesday, February 2!
Are looking to make a job change this new year? Or Do you know of someone who is? We currently have two postions available. Interested Applicants – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Line/Prep Cook $12-18 HR – Based on Experience
We are looking for a line cook to prepare food and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Cooking experience, including experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook required
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
Food Runner/Busser $9-11 HR – Based on Experience
WED/FRI/SAT 11AM – 2:30PM; 5PM-8:30PM & SUN 10AM-2:30PM
- Removing used plates, glasses, cutlery and napkins from tables after diners are done eating
- Wiping up water spills, food stains and dirt from tables
- Replacing cutlery and glassware in anticipation of new diners
- Refilling paper napkins, salt and pepper shakers and any other depleted condiments
- Bringing out meal orders
- Handling cleaning of the dining area at the close of day
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong customer service skills for interacting with restaurant guests
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills for conveying information to other staff members
- Knowledge of food production and service, including safe storage practices, handling methods and laws and regulations
- Ability to tolerate stress and work in a fast-paced environment
- Physical strength for lifting and moving heavy objects and stamina for standing and walking for long hours
- Dexterity for dealing with objects that are fragile or otherwise need careful handling
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
We feel truly blessed and horned to have received an award from Travel Iowa for Outstanding Dining Business (rural). We appreciate your unwavering support through this past year. We have some exciting things in the works and we look forward to sharing when they come to fruition. Stay tuned!
Michael & Ilee Muller
We feel honored and thankful for being selected as the 2020 Business of the Year by the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce & Industry. We truly appreciate your support!!!
Congratulations to Mike Muller, owner and operator of Grace on Main in Elk Horn, for being chosen as the Iowa Restaurant Association’s 2020 Iowa Rural Restaurant Operator of the Year! California natives Mike and Estrellita (Ilee) Muller knew they were taking a leap of faith when they left their life in Sacramento to open a restaurant in the tiny rural Iowa community of Elk Horn. The couple’s aptly named Grace on Main Restaurant was slated to open March 18, 2020—the day after the Governor closed dine-in restaurant service statewide in response to COVID-19.With a pizza-centric menu, Muller was prepared for some amount of carry-out, so rather than debuting by welcoming people in the doors, the couple flung open a front window and handed pizza through to customers. Mike says, “We invested everything we had in a rural Iowa community that we’d visited less than half-a-dozen times. We believed the people and the lifestyle Elk Horn offered our family would be worth the risk,” said Muller. “And at the hardest time imaginable, Elk Horn proved us right.” That commitment to enhancing the hospitality options and culture of rural Iowa, is why Mike Muller, owner/operator of Grace on Main is the Iowa Restaurant Association’s first ever “Rural Restaurant Operator of the Year.”To celebrate with Mike and all of the other award winners, get your tickets for the Celebrating Excellence Award Ceremony and Grand Tasting Gala! Visit restaurantiowa.com to learn more. Thank you to Sysco Iowa for sponsoring this years 2020 Celebrating Excellence Award Winners!